(804) 771-9553 phone
(804) 644-0957 fax
Download vCard Print Bio
- Commercial Leasing
- Commercial Real Estate Acquisition, Development & Disposition
- Commercial Real Estate Finance
- Commercial Real Estate - Land Use, Zoning & Development
- Commercial Real Estate - Ownership, Leasing & Management
- Community Association Formation & Representation
- Institutional Client Representation
- Multi-Family Housing
- Shopping Centers & Retail
- Tax-Deferred (1031 & 1033) Exchanges
- Real Estate Finance & Capital Markets
Paul Davenport's practice focuses on commercial real estate transactions. He represents real estate developers, lenders, and both institutional and non-institutional investors. He represents both landlords and tenants in commercial lease, sublease and ground lease transactions. He represents several hotel owners/operators. He also represented a public corporation engaged in the entertainment business on a number of asset acquisitions throughout the United States; a state retirement system in connection with its real estate investments in several eastern states; and in recent years, has represented several tenant in common syndicators with the real estate aspects of their acquisitions, loans and sales to tenant in common investors on projects throughout the country. Paul has also lectured on subjects including current real estate development, underground storage tanks, guarantor's defenses and letters of intent.
- Representation of developers in land assemblage, acquisition, development, financing, leasing and sale of small and large scale real estate projects.
- Representation of investors in sale and acquisition of investment property, including office, industrial and retail property, single asset transactions and multi-state portfolio transactions.
- Drafting and negotiation of covenants, easements and restrictions for small and large scale residential, commercial and mixed use developments.
- Representation of borrowers and lenders in commercial lending transactions.
- Drafting and negotiation of property management, hotel management and brokerage agreements.
- Representation of landlords and tenants in negotiation of leases, subleases, ground leases and related documents.
- Loan modifications and workouts of commercial real estate loans.
- Representation of tenant in common syndicators in real estate aspects of acquiring, financing and syndicating commercial real estate projects.
- University of Virginia, J.D., 1985
- Roanoke College, B.A., 1982
Published Works/Speaking Engagements:
- Residential Real Estate Transactions - "Deeds" Chapter (Virginia CLE publication)
- Co-author, Annual Survey of Virginia Law: Property - University of Richmond Law Review, 2006
Pro Bono/Community Service:
- Past representation of Richmond Metropolitan Habitat for Humanity in land acquisitions
- Selected for inclusion in The Best Lawyers in America, Real Estate, Woodward/White, Inc., 2012, 2014-2018
- Named “Lawyer of the Year,” Real Estate, Richmond, Best Lawyers, 2014
- Named to “Legal Elite,” Real Estate/Land Use, Virginia Business, 2007, 2013-2014, 2017
- AV rated, Martindale-Hubbell
- Virginia State Bar
- Richmond Bar Association
- Virginia Bar Association
- American Bar Association
- Vice Chairman, Real Estate Section