(703) 584-8373 phone
(703) 584-8901 fax
Download vCard Print Bio
- Commercial Real Estate - Ownership, Leasing & Management
- Commercial Real Estate Acquisition, Development & Disposition
- Commercial Real Estate Finance
Justine’s practice focuses on business law, with a special focus on all aspects of commercial real estate transactions, including the acquisition and disposition of real property assets, debt and equity financing, joint ventures and the formation of partnerships, limited liability companies and corporations. She has extensive experience representing real estate investors, developers and users negotiating purchase and sale agreements, ground leases, development agreements, office and retail leases and construction, permanent and mezzanine financing documents for commercial mixed-use, office and federal government projects in the Washington, DC metropolitan area and around the country. Justine also represents closely held private and family-owned companies and non-profit organizations in a variety of industries with their real estate investment and leasing activities.
Justine advises clients on structuring deals for transactions involving all types of commercial properties and has represented high net worth clients in the purchase and sale of high-end residential properties in Washington, DC, Virginia, Florida, New York, New Jersey, the Bahamas and Bermuda.
After graduating from Georgetown, Justine practiced law for 11 years at Arnold & Porter LLP, in Washington, DC and Tysons, Virginia. After leaving Arnold & Porter, Justine worked as senior in-house counsel at Hilton Worldwide, Inc. In 2010, Justine co-founded Fitzgerald & Rhodes LLP and later Fitzgerald Law PLLC, a boutique transactional law firm.
Over the years, Justine has served on the boards of the Spanish Education Development Center in Washington, DC, Mason Housing, Inc. (a non-profit that manages Masonvale at George Mason University), Falls Church Kiwanis Little League and on the Religious School Committee at Temple Rodef Shalom, in Falls Church, Virginia.
- Representation of a real estate fund in several development deals for condominium, for-rent and mixed used projects in Washington, DC.
- Representation of a real estate developer in the acquisition or ground leasing and bond financing of property leased to the United States Government for ICE, DOI, DEA, Border Patrol, Coast Guard and other agencies at locations throughout the country.
- Representation of start-up companies, nonprofit corporations, trade associations, consulting and law firms, an art gallery, medical groups, and other organizations in their office leasing needs in the Washington, DC area for leases from 1,000 to over 40,000 square feet.
- For a nationally renowned university, negotiated a 99-year ground lease with a developer for the construction of an office tower and a residential tower on an entire city block.
- Representation of a real estate owner/operator in the purchase, sale, financing and leasing of several retail shopping centers and Class Band C office buildings in Loudoun County and Fairfax County.
- Represented a Fortune 500 company in the sale/leaseback of its corporate headquarters in Connecticut.
- On behalf of a major Israeli bank, closed on the financing of the retail condominium unit at The Plaza Hotel in Manhattan.
- Represented a German investor in several joint ventures for the development, construction, financing and operation of a chain of retail shopping centers across the United States.
- Represented family members in intra-family sale and financing of membership interests in a private company located in Los Angeles, California, which owns rights to a series of popular action films.
- Represented clients in the purchase or sale of several downtown Washington, DC trophy office properties.
- Georgetown University Law Center, J.D. magna cum laude, Order of the Coif
- University of Pennsylvania, B.A., Political Science with concentration in Public Policy, with honors
- University of Pennsylvania, B.S., The Wharton School, Economics
Pro Bono/Community Service
- Holly Crest Community Association, Board Member
- Virginia State Bar
- American Bar Association
- Virginia Bar Association
- District of Columbia