(804) 771-9518 phone
(804) 644-0957 fax
Download vCard Print Bio
Jamie is a partner in the Richmond office where his practice focuses on the taxation of LLCs and partnerships, corporate transactions, real estate and REITs, tax-exempt organizations, and qualified tuition programs (529 plans). He advises issuers of municipal fund securities and counsels clients on transactional tax matters. Jamie also works on IPOs, secondary stock offerings and debt offerings.
Jamie is regularly quoted on tax issues in well-known business journals such as the New York Times, The Wall Street Journal, USA Today and Investment News.
Prior to entering private practice, Jamie served as a senior attorney-advisor in the Chief Counsel’s office (Financial Institutions & Products) of the Internal Revenue Service.
- Georgetown University Law Center, LL.M., Taxation, Graduate Student Advisor, The Tax Lawyer
- Washington & Lee University School of Law, J.D.
- University of Virginia, B.A. with distinction
PUBLISHED WORKS/SPEAKING ENGAGEMENTS:
- Quoted in "Find Out What Recent Changes to 529 College Savings Plans Mean," U.S. News & World Report, January 2016
- Author, "Happy Tax Day!," CSPN blog post, April 13, 2015
- Presenter, "Options and Benefits to 529 Plans," Lorman Educational Services, April 9, 2015
- Presenter, "Introduction to 529 College Savings Plans," CSPN, April 2, 2015
- Named to “Legal Elite” (Taxes/Estates/Trusts/Elder Law), Virginia Business, 2009, 2011-2017
- Virginia State Bar
- Nonprofit Advisory Subcommittee of the Community Tax Law Project
- National Association of State Treasurers/College Savings Plan Network, Corporate Affiliates Advisory Board (Chair, 2004-2007; Vice Chair, 2010-2012)
- National Association of State Treasurers/College Savings Plan Network, Legal and Regulatory Affairs Committee, Federal Initiatives Committee, Strategic Planning Committee, and Conference Planning Committee
- Richmond Private Business Study Group
- District of Columbia
- U.S. Tax Court