(804) 771-5634 phone
(804) 644-0957 fax
Download vCard Print Bio
- Administrative Law & Regulatory Practice
- Business & Corporate
- Commercial Disputes
- Eminent Domain & Title Litigation
- Employment Law & Benefits & Litigation
- Energy & Renewables
- Insurance Coverage
- Insurance Recovery
- Landlord-Tenant & Leasing Disputes
- Litigation & ADR
- Local Government
- Real Estate Tax
- Regulatory & Administrative Law Matters
- Securities Litigation
Jaime Wisegarver handles a variety of civil litigation matters, with a particular emphasis on cases arising out of real property disputes, including land use, tax assessment, construction, and landlord/tenant litigation. Jaime also routinely assists clients with complex business and employment matters (e.g., wage and hour law, restrictive covenants, and employment policies and agreements).
Jaime has experience in both state and federal courts, as well as in alternative dispute resolution. Her work in multiple practice areas enables Jaime to formulate comprehensive legal and business strategies that not only achieve great results in the courtroom, but also allow her to assist clients in mitigating potential disputes.
Prior to joining Hirschler Fleischer, Jaime served as a law clerk to the Honorable Frederick P. Stamp, Jr. of the United States District Court for the Northern District of West Virginia.
- To date, Jaime has been involved with two reported cases before the Virginia Supreme Court, which follow:
- CVAS 2, LLC v. City of Fredericksburg, 766 S.E.2d 912 (Va. 2015)
- Friends of the Rappahannock v. Caroline County Board of Supervisors, 286 Va. 38, 743 S.E.2d 132 (2013)
- Represented an employer in a FLSA collective action involving overtime pay.
- Handled multiple tax assessment appeals in cases involving taxes and special assessments in excess of $100 million.
- Appealed the zoning decision of a Board of Zoning Appeals.
- Successfully defended a manufacturer in a product liability case.
- Handled disputes concerning zoning, easements, adverse possession, and eminent domain.
- Represented both landlords and tenants in commercial and residential lease disputes.
- Defended a contractor in a breach of contract suit in federal court.
- University of Richmond T.C. Williams School of Law, J.D., cum laude
- University of Virginia, B.A.
- Co-author, “No More Conflict Over Amount in Controversy in NJ,” Law360, August 12, 2015
- John R. Walk and Jaime B. Wisegarver, Civil Practice and Procedure, 50 U. Rich. L. Rev. 39 (2015)
- Andrew P. Sherrod and Jaime B. Wisegarver, Civil Practice and Procedure, 49 U. Rich. L. Rev. 27 (2014)
- Andrew P. Sherrod and Jaime B. Wisegarver, Civil Practice and Procedure, 48 U. Rich. L. Rev. 1 (2013)
- Recipient of the Charles T. Norman Award for Outstanding Graduate
- Order of the Barristers
- Articles & Comments Editor, University of Richmond Law Review
- President, University of Richmond Moot Court Board
- Director, Federal Bar Association (Richmond Chapter), 2017
- Virginia Bar Association
- Richmond Bar Association
- West Virginia
- U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of Virginia
- U.S. District Court for the Western District of Virginia
- U.S. Bankruptcy Court for the Eastern District of Virginia
- U.S. District Court for the Northern District of West Virginia
- U.S. District Court for the Southern District of West Virginia
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Fourth Circuit