(804) 771-9597 phone
(804) 644-0957 fax
Download vCard Print Bio
- Business & Corporate
- Corporate & Business Planning
- Employment Law & Benefits & Litigation
- Investment Management
- Mergers & Acquisitions
- Real Estate Finance & Capital Markets
- Real Estate Securities
- Securities & Finance
Brandon Spalding is a member of the firm's business section. His practice focuses principally on mergers and acquisitions, private securities offerings, contract negotiations, general corporate and commercial law, employment law and business formation. Brandon regularly represents clients ranging from closely-held and middle market companies to regional and multi-national businesses. While at law school, Brandon served as a Managing Editor for Emory University's Bankruptcy Developments Journal. Prior to entering private practice, Brandon served as a law clerk for the Norfolk Circuit Court.
- Represented various buyers and sellers in the structuring, contract negotiating and financing of merger and acquisition transactions.
- Represented various issuers in the private offering of securities, including numerous real estate syndication transactions.
- Represented various venture capital funds and targets with respect to preferred investments.
- Represented various investment advisors in creating fund of funds to provide their clients access to hedge fund, private equity and venture capital investments.
- Ongoing general representation of clients in various industries, including finance, technology, healthcare, construction and manufacturing.
- Represented various landowners in the negotiation, preparation and recording of conservation easements, restricted deeds and other transactions to conserve real property and to generate federal, state and local tax deductions, credits and benefits.
- Represented various employers on employment matters, including drafting employment and non-competition agreements for key employees and litigation related thereto, structuring employee furlough programs, assisting in the investigation and defense of complaints of workplace misconduct, providing employment termination counseling and drafting employment separation agreements.
- Emory University School of Law, J.D.
- University of Virginia, B.A.
- Selected for inclusion as a "Rising Star," Business/Corporate, Virginia Super Lawyers, Thomson Reuters 2014
- American Bar Association
- Virginia State Bar
- Virginia Bar Association
- Richmond Bar Association (Finance Committee Member)
- U.S. District Court, Eastern and Western Districts of Virginia
- U.S. Bankruptcy Court, Western District of Virginia