(804) 771-9584 phone
(804) 644-0957 fax
Download vCard Print Bio
- Business & Corporate
- Mergers & Acquisitions
- Investment Management
- Corporate & Business Planning
- Securities & Finance
Brian is an associate in the firm’s Business section. His practice focuses on investment management, mergers and acquisitions and general corporate law matters. Brian regularly represents institutional investors in the negotiation of investments with fund managers. He also advises fund managers on the formation of private equity, real estate and hedge funds and counsels managers and investment advisers on a variety of regulatory issues under federal and state law.
- Public pension funds, university endowments and other institutional investors in negotiations with private equity, real estate and hedge fund managers.
- Various real estate fund managers in the formation of pooled investment vehicles concentrating on retail, multi-family, office, medical office and industrial investments.
- Institutional investors in the sale and acquisition of private equity and venture capital fund interests in secondary transactions.
- Registered investment advisers (RIAs) with compliance issues such as advertising practices and Form ADV disclosures.
- Hedge fund managers in the formation of funds using a variety of strategies, including quantitative methods and fundamental research.
Prior to joining Hirschler Fleischer, Brian was a corporate associate at Pepper Hamilton in Philadelphia.
Brian’s recent experience includes representation of:
- A fund manager in the formation of two hedge funds concentrating on leveraged ETFs.
- A fund manager in the formation of a fund-of-funds focusing on sustainable investment strategies.
- A private university in the sale of a $32 million portfolio of private equity fund interests.
- An international development bank in the acquisition of private equity fund interests.
- A public pension fund in the establishment of two separately managed accounts worth $2 billion.
- A fund manager in the formation of a $100 million real estate fund.
- A fundless sponsor in the acquisition of a consumer products brand.
- A health care consulting firm in the $50 million sale of its business to a strategic buyer.
- A private equity firm in the $175 million sale of an international manufacturing company.
- A snack foods manufacturer in the $15 million sale of its assets to a strategic buyer.
- A national GPS tracking and fleet management provider in its acquisition of a competitor.
- A regional insulation installer in a series of private equity-sponsored acquisitions.
- A beverage distributor in the $46 million sale of its assets to a strategic buyer.
- William & Mary Law School, J.D., magna cum laude, William & Mary Law Review
- The College of New Jersey, B.S., summa cum laude
Selected for inclusion as a “Rising Star,” Mergers & Acquisitions, Virginia Super Lawyers, Thomson Reuters, 2017-2018
Richmond Bar Association, Business Law Section, Executive Committee Member