The Real Estate Capital Markets Group is a highly experienced, multi-disciplinary team consisting of corporate/securities, tax and real estate attorneys who specialize in representing issuers and underwriters in private placements and public offerings of securities and all the associated real estate components involved in such offerings, including acquisitions; financing; joint venture structuring; dispositions; property and asset management; and due diligence. Group members advise private and public real estate companies, including public and private REITs, on a full range of corporate and securities matters, including equity and debt financing; mergers, acquisitions and other strategic business combinations; joint ventures; and general corporate, partnership, tax and real estate matters. Group members have structured offerings of tenant-in-common interests for Section 1031 exchange programs, limited partnership interests, LLC membership interests, beneficial interests of Delaware statutory trusts, and debt securities.
The Group routinely advises real estate companies in virtually all aspects of real estate securities work, including:
- Private offerings of tenant-in-common interests and Delaware statutory trust interests for Section 1031 exchanges.
- Real estate investment fund formation, and investments, and general securities and corporate law compliance and corporate governance.
- Tenant-in-common workouts, roll ups, and related restructuring.
- Existing transaction recapitalization and management transition
- Mergers and acquisitions.
- Joint ventures, strategic alliances and other strategic investments.
- Major credit transactions, including revolving lines of credit, term loans and bridge loans.
- Public and private offerings of equity and debt securities, including initial public offerings and follow-up equity offerings.
In addition to our real estate, tax, and securities practice groups, which are intimately involved in our representation of real estate companies, our employee benefits, labor, intellectual property and litigation lawyers are routinely consulted on a wide range of matters that affect our clients. The breadth of our firm's practice enables us to provide comprehensive and practical advice to our clients on virtually any legal matter that they face, whether or not it is related to real estate.