The lawyers of Hirschler Fleischer's Wealth Management and Preservation Practice Group advise individuals and their families in their personal, financial and business dealings, design estate plans for individuals with both simple and complicated financial pictures, solve complex tax problems and identify and settle issues in estate and trust administration. Our services include:
We serve a diverse client base. Our advice is specifically tailored to a client's situation by working directly with the client and, where appropriate, the client's other advisors. We strive to provide sound tax and business planning advice and to create an estate plan that achieves the client's goals in a manner that minimizes the time and expense of estate administration. Our services include:
- Creation of trusts, both lifetime and testamentary, from the most basic to the most complex,
- Creation and maintenance of family limited partnerships and limited liability companies,
- Income, estate, gift and generation-skipping tax planning,
- Asset management advice,
- Creation of lifetime gifting programs,
- Charitable trust planning, including design and establishment of charitable split interest trusts, private foundations and similar entities,
- Insurance trust planning,
- Preparation of wills,
- Preparation of powers of attorney for financial and healthcare matters.
We have substantial experience in the area of business planning for owners of closely held businesses, including extensive experience in S corporations and partnership issues. We assist clients in the integration of business planning techniques and estate planning by providing advice on the tax and non-tax issues relating to the transfer of family businesses.
Our practice includes postmortem tax planning and trust and estate administration. We represent individuals and institutions acting as executors and trustees, providing advice on the preparation of federal and state estate tax returns and income tax returns, and on tax elections and allocations peculiar to estates and trusts. In addition, we advise fiduciaries on business issues affecting estates and trusts, including providing advice on the disposition of assets, and representing estates or trusts as shareholders of business enterprises.
Estate and Trust Litigation
Our litigation team advises and represents parties in will contests and other disputes involving inheritance and other rights of beneficiaries and the related responsibilities of fiduciaries, as well as in disputes with state and federal taxing authorities.