Hirschler Fleischer’s Renewable Energy Practice Group is comprised of skilled transactional and governmental affairs lawyers who are fully equipped to counsel clients involved in the rapidly growing renewable energy market. Our experience with renewable energy clients covers a broad spectrum from start-up ventures, to established middle-market businesses, to companies with a multi-national presence. Our team members utilize a multi-disciplinary approach, blending transactional, lobbying and other areas of specialty to provide a customized solution to each renewable energy client. Our lawyers render comprehensive legal and business advice on a wide array of issues related to the development of renewable energy resources and industries, whether in the acquisition of existing projects or the greenfielding of new facilities, and potential capital sources for new ventures. For example, attorneys in the Renewable Energy Practice Group regularly counsel clients in the following areas:
- Project Development and Finance
- State and Federal Regulatory Matters
- State and Federal Grants and Tax Incentives
- Mergers and Acquisitions
- Private Equity Financing and Investment
- Senior Debt Financing
- Intellectual Property
- Real Estate Acquisition and Development
- Environmental Compliance
- Employment Law
- Governance and Business Structuring
Our Renewable Energy Practice Group provides services competitive with the largest national law firms by delivering the quantity and quality of work typically expected of a “BigLaw” firm, but with a focus on responsiveness, cost-effectiveness and efficiency. Our goal is to provide our clients with superior legal service and sophisticated, but sensible, legal and business advice, without “overlawyering”. Moreover, each client represented by our Renewable Energy Practice Group will receive consistent hands-on attention from one of our partners, who will provide the requisite experience and expertise, while ensuring that our services are provided in the most cost-effective manner and with an eye towards our client’s bottom line.
Members of our Renewable Energy Practice Group have advised clients involved in a broad spectrum of renewable and alternative energy-related projects, and have closed in excess of $300 million in renewable energy transactions. The following is a representative summary of some recent matters handled by our Renewable Energy Practice Group:
- Structuring of a multi-million dollar private equity investment in an alternative energy company with domestic and European subsidiaries and operations.
- Obtaining state grant funding for a client developing technology for electric-powered cars.
- Representing a multi-national biomass company in acquiring various wood pellet manufacturing facilities and integrating those operations with the client's current business.
- Recapitalization of a domestic renewable energy company with U.S. and South American subsidiaries in conjunction with new financing for continued operations and expansion.